A couple weeks ago I had the distinct pleasure of sitting down to record a podcast for What I Call Music, the home base for my good friend and one of the most musically knowledgeable cats on the planet, Paul Kehayas.
We ended up talking for a verrrrrrrrrrrrryyy long time, so Paul had one helluva time shrinking it down to something of a dignified length, but for anyone curious I think it’s solidly entertaining. As such, if you’re bored, please give ‘er a listen HERE.
Some of the things we discussed were:
* The origin of the name Risky Fuel.
* Sloan still being credible 20 years later.
* Songs: Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co./Jason Molina.
* How I used to make my own music charts as a kid and my related favourite song of 1988.
* The infamous story of seeing Brian Jonestown Massacre play in a bush at the Wilderbeat Festival during the Blackout of 2003.
* The cultural awareness built by discovering The Clash’s Sandinista album.
The playlist includes: Songs: Ohia, Black Sabbath, Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Clash and Raphael Saadiq.